Rechargeable Hearing Aid Batteries
2 min read
Are Rechargeable Hearing Aids Right for You?There is a dizzying array of options when it comes to hearing aid batteries. Of course, going in for a hearing test will help you narrow down the options, because your specific hearing needs may eliminate some choices. But in most cases, you will have the option to choose between a rechargeable hearing aid and non-rechargeable hearing aid. Rechargeable hearing aid batteries are lithium-ion and are charged much like you would charge your phone. They are convenient, but they may not be right for everyone. Learn about the benefits of rechargeable hearing aid batteries and who they may be right for. If you want in-depth assistance with hearing aid fitting, programming, or need a hearing test, call us at Elite Hearing Centers of America.
The Benefits of Rechargeable Hearing Aid BatteriesThe benefits of rechargeable hearing aids far outweigh the disadvantages, which is one of the reasons they are such a popular choice. But what are the specific benefits of rechargeable hearing aids?
- No Need to Remove the Battery - Unlike conventional hearing aid batteries, rechargeable batteries don’t have to be replaced often. This means you don’t have to remove them from the device.
- Lower Overall Cost - A rechargeable hearing aid battery will have a higher upfront cost than a non-rechargeable battery. However, the long-term costs are less because you don’t have to spend money on replacements on a regular basis.
- Easier to Manage - If you have dexterity issues, it can be a chore to change out your hearing aid batteries. With a rechargeable hearing aid, all you have to do is place it in its charging dock when the battery gets low.
- They Last a Long Time - Modern lithium-ion rechargeable batteries can last five years or more. On the other hand, regular batteries may only last a few days.
- Eco-Friendly - Rechargeable batteries are easy on the environment. Since you don’t have to replace them as often as regular batteries, there is less waste for the local landfill.