Ordering Hearing Aid Batteries and Accessories from VA
Eligibility for Hearing Aid Batteries and AccessoriesBefore delving into the ordering process, confirm your eligibility. You likely qualify for VA hearing aids if all three of the following are true:
- You are enrolled in VA health care.
- You are registered as a patient at a VA medical center.
- Your VA audiologist has prescribed hearing aids or other hearing assistive devices.
How to Apply for VA Hearing AidsApplying for hearing aids through the VA is a streamlined process. You need to schedule an appointment with a VA audiologist who will assess your hearing loss and determine a suitable hearing aid or other hearing assistive device. If you qualify based on the above parameters, the VA will cover the cost of your hearing aids, and you’ll soon be on your way to better hearing.
How to Place an OrderOrdering hearing aid batteries and accessories from the VA has never been easier. Here are your options:
- Order online: Visit the VA’s dedicated hearing aid page and follow the simple sign-in instructions. Be aware that you can only order hearing aid batteries and accessories online if you’ve ordered these items from the VA within the past two years.
- Order via phone: Call the VA Denver Logistics Center (DLC) at 303-273-6200, and a customer service representative will guide you through the ordering process. Be sure to call Monday through Friday between 6:15 am and 5:00 pm MST.
- Order by mail: Complete a Veteran’s Request for Batteries and Accessories, VA Form 2346a, and mail it to the VA Denver Logistics Center, PO Box 25166, Denver, CO 80225. If you’re ordering hearing aid wax guards, indicate the type of guard if you know that information.
FAQs About Ordering VA Hearing Aid BatteriesAre my hearing aid batteries and accessories free of charge?
Yes, eligible veterans with hearing aid recommendations from their audiologist receive free batteries and accessories.
What hearing aid accessories can I order?
You can order various accessories, including wax guards, drying agents, domes, cleaning supplies, and replacement parts.
When will my items arrive, and when should I reorder?
Delivery usually takes seven to 10 days. It’s advisable to reorder when you have a 30-day supply remaining.
What if my hearing aids aren’t working correctly?
Contact the VA audiology service that issued your hearing aids for immediate assistance. If you require repairs or replacements, send your VA hearing aids to the DLC. Visit the Office of Procurement, Acquisition and Logistics (OPAL) page for more information about preparing your hearing aids for shipping.